Saturday, July 2, 2016

Fractured by Rosalind James



What do you do with a person who’s out of control and won’t listen to reason? Especially if that person might be you?

When I’d taken Hope Sinclair and her sister to New Zealand to meet my grandfather, I’d known I’d be making the return journey as her husband. I hadn’t reckoned, though, on the demons of my past coming back to threaten our future. And, as always, I hadn’t reckoned on Hope.

I had hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of employees to tell me I had better judgment and more self-discipline than most people, and neither my self-control nor anything else I possessed had been won the easy way. That was why I was a New Yorker with a fashion empire instead of a dirt-poor Maori boy in New Zealand with too much tattoo, too many muscles, two alcoholic parents, and not much more. So why did Hope continually dig in her heels and refuse to go along with my perfectly rational plans? And why did I keep compromising?

Because I couldn’t resist her, couldn’t say no to her, and couldn’t stand to see her unhappy, that was why. And there’s more than one way to bring a strong man to his knees.

Note: This is a full-length, 400-page novel with a cliffhanger that will be resolved in Part 3 (early August). It contains one Maori multimillionaire with control issues, one fierce blonde with a mind of her own, and some very dirty loving.

Goodreads ~ Amazon


Elizabeth's Review


3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time


Have you read the first book in the Not Quite a Billionaire series? If no, then stop and walk away from Fractured. This is the second book in a series and it is NOT a stand alone work.

In Fractured, we pick up Hope and Hemi's story right where book one left off. Things seem to be going their way, then well, they don't. To be honest, I alternated between rooting for Hemi and then wanting to choke him. Hope wasn't much better, I was actually fairly frustrated with her for most of the book because she seemed a bit whiny. Even when I was annoyed with Hope, I appreciated the message she had - that to stand with Hemi, she needed to also stand on her own.

If you are expecting this to be like Ms. James' Escape to New Zealand or Paradise, Idaho books, it's not. It has the characteristics you would expect from her work, well written with interesting characters (even when you don't like them!), relationships playing a central role, good advise, and doses of humor.

To be honest - this is series probably wouldn't be my favorite work of Ms. James'. That said, I've enjoyed it and I'm hooked! I want to see what happens next for our Alpha hero and his lady love.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment