Monday, December 12, 2016

Checkmate: This is Love by Kennedy Fox ~ Coming Soon and Review

Checkmate: This is Love (The Checkmate Duet, #2)
Viola Fisher is the epitome of perfection. She despises my one-night stands and mocks my less-than-classy habits. She’s smart, beautiful, and too good to be true. And I want her.

 If she were anyone else, I’d have made my move years ago, but considering she’s my best friend’s little sister, she’s always been off-limits. Not to mention how much she loathes my very existence.

 Hating me is her religion, but needing her is mine. Her sexy curves and filthy smart mouth make me want her even more, and I’m more determined than ever to change her mind.

 I’ll prove I’m done playing games. But until then, we’ll continue to play by her rules. Viola Fisher may have won the battle, but the war isn’t over yet.

 Checkmate, princess.

Goodreads~ Amazon



Elizabeth's Review


3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time


Review Copy Provided by Author


To be honest, I liked it, but didn't love it. Book 1 ended with a pretty big cliff hanger that turned out to be not such a big deal.
I enjoyed Travis and Viola more in this book and loved the growing relationship between the two, but I didn't really understand why they felt the need to keep things hidden.
The lack of communication (between Viola and Travis , Travis and Drew, as well Viola and Drew) seemed to create unnecessary issues when there was enough natural drama thanks to Mia and other live events.
The book is well written and fairly seemless given that it is a joint effort. I am looking forward to the series continuation with Drew's story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment