Monday, June 19, 2017

What I've been reading

The Hard Truth About SunshineThe Hard Truth About Sunshine by Sawyer Bennett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars - One of the Best

Review Copy received via a group read

What a way to break a book funk! I've had about 2 weeks where nothing I've read has really hit the spot, but with this perfect Memorial Day read, Ms. Bennett squashed the book funk.
Four captivating characters, and unlikely companions, head on a cross country trip to complete the bucket list of a dying teenage cancer patient.
Along the way, Christopher (an injured veteran) gets a new lease on life as some of his own issues are put in a new perspective.
This is a well written and challenging read that made me think about several different issues. While a big departure from Ms. Bennett's typical work, this does have her hallmark excellence and is one I'd very much recommend.

Amazon

Abe: Four In Hand (Ties of Steel, #1)Abe: Four In Hand by M.J. Fields

3.25 stars - Slightly Better than Average

Free on Amazon!

I stumbled on this as a free read recently and enjoyed it.
This is the beginning of a new series, but also a spin off, so there are there is a lot of back story to the secondary characters that we don't see here.
This is a pure fun, sexy time read- there is some character development and relationship building but not a ton - so keep that in mind as you go in. Also, remember these characters are 22 and 26 and they do act like it act times.

The Manny (Locked & Loaded, #1)The Manny by Susan Ward

My rating: 2 of 5 stars - Below Average read

Free on Amazon

This is book where I think how you feel about it really depends on what you are looking for.
I found this to be a sex fest that teased at character, plot, and relationship development, but never really dived in to deliver on any of those things.
I found the principal characters to be shallow and the main love interest of the story wasn't even introduced until more than halfway through the book.
The sheer amount of sexy time involved had me skimming several times because it became over the top. This might be the right book for someone, but it wasn't for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment