Thursday, July 27, 2017

Eye Candy by Jessica Lemmon




Jacqueline: As an adult woman--and the vice president of a marketing firm--I shouldn't be waiting by my office window to ogle the mystery man who jogs by every morning at 11:45. Sure, he's a gorgeous, perfect specimen of the human race, but I can't bring myself to hit on a total stranger. However, my best friend-slash-colleague Vince Carson thinks I should do more than talk to the guy. In fact, he's borderline obsessive about "getting me laid." (His words.) But the more time we spend together, the more it's clear: The one I'm falling for is Vince.

Vince: Jackie Butler's got it bad for some pompous, over-pumped A-hole who struts his stuff past her window. That doesn't bother me. I know she deserves nice things. What does bother me is that she friend-zoned me big-time last year, so I can't ask her out myself. But what if I set her up with Mr. Steroids? Then, when he breaks her heart, I can swoop in and save her like the nice guy I am. Everything's going according to plan . . . until we share a ridiculously epic kiss. And suddenly anything is possible.

Amazon


Elizabeth's Review


3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time


Review Copy provided by Publisher via Net Galley


This was a cute story where each of the main characters get a second chance at Love.

Jackie and Vince are coworkers whose friendship carries over into their off hours. She was his hand to hold as he got over his divorce, but nothing more until...

Enter the hot guy who runs by her office everyday....

What happened next led to some cringe- worthy moments for me (and is a big reason this isn't a full 4 star read-it's personal preference, but I think it could have been handled differently)

The appearance of running guy and the fallout leads to Vince and Jackie finally acting on their feelings. The story that follows is sometimes sweet, sometimes sad, and sometimes frustrating as they both have to face demons and insecurities from their prior marriages to get where they are going.
The overall secondary cast is pretty small, but we spend a lot of time with Vince's friend, Davis, so I would expect to see him featured soon.

Overall, a good read - maybe not one of Ms. Lemmon's strongest, but definitely worth the time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment