Friday, June 8, 2018

Changes are coming

Good Morning Everyone!


I wanted to take a minute this morning to let you know that a big change is coming to E-Reading After Midnight...... I am going to be scaling my level of review/blogging activity way back and at the end of 2018, E-Reading After Midnight will cease to be a place for New Release Promo and Review.

Why is this happening?

There are a lot of reasons. Some relate to issues who may have seen discussed regarding PR firms, Amazon, and Facebook. Some relate to my family life (everything is fine). But, the biggest reason is that there are days when this is hard and feels like work. I'm a firm believer that when something that was created as a passion starts to be something you don't get excited about every day, it's time to step back and that's where I am right now.

What does this mean?

For Authors: 

I am not going away. My level of activity from now to the end of the year will gradually decrease and I will be transitioning my new release/review work over to Cocktails and Books.

For the Blog: 

From now - December, the number of posts you see will decline. Starting in 2019, posts will still appear, but they will be TBR reads, my quarterly best of, or the occasional release that I am just passionate about.

For the Facebook Page and Group:

I have made the decision that these will not be going away. They are my "safe" place to talk about and share all the book things. The page will stay exactly as is - you just will see me sharing a lot more from Cocktails and Books going forward. I am still evaluating what is best for the group going forward. I want to take a look at the activity and interaction happening there before decisions are made.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the over three years of amazing support. If you guys have any questions regarding the change or transition, please feel free to reach out privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment