Wednesday, August 15, 2018

ARCs and Other Reviews

It's that time again.... We have one ARC review (yay Sawyer Bennett) and a TBR review - ENJOY!


Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)Bishop by Sawyer Bennett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

If you have enjoyed Ms Bennett’s Cold Fury hockey series, then this series will be right up your alley.
Well written and entertaining, I was pulled into Bishop’s story right from the beginning and could see the good guy underneath the playboy.
All of the characters were interesting and engaging and I appreciated the fact that Bishop was given multiple chances to screw up. You’ll have to read the book to find out if he passed those tests or not!
One of the things I really liked about this book is the fact that Ms Bennett was able to tell us Bishop and Brooke’s story while also building the world that will be the Vengeance series. Both things were done very well, and the quality of the story stood out because of it.
These are two characters that I liked and enjoyed seeing their somewhat unlikely connection. I am looking forward to getting to know the guys on the team a little bit better.

Amazon


 The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoThe Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

4.5 Stars - One of the Best

This is a book I picked up on sale a while ago based strictly on the recommendation of J A DeRouen, an author’s whose work I enjoy.
It’s fun to sometimes go into a book blind and this is a read that definitely rewarded the effort.
Well written and intriguing, the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo tells a tale that was as unexpected as it was raw. I was captivated hearing Evelyn’s story from her point of view. There were times when her truth was uncomfortable, but it was hard not to feel for her at the same time.
Monique is a secondary character and facilities Evelyn’s story, but has a unique tale of her own.
Both women and the web of characters around them were worth getting to know. Several hard topics were addressed - including what Love really means.
This author is new to me, but I will be seeking out more of her work in the future.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment