Thursday, November 7, 2019

Review Round Up ~ November 7


Today's Review Round Up (also known as the oops, that's life addition) features two new releases from last week that I just wasn't able to read before release. 

 Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)Tangled Up In Christmas by Lisa Renee Jones

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Tangled Up in Christmas is the second book in a series focusing on previous secondary character, Roarke, as he reconnects with the love of his life. While this is a stand alone, I would suggest reading the books in order for the full back story to make sense.

I genuinely liked Roarke and Hannah. They were interesting, well developed characters that I couldn’t help but root for them to have a happy ending. Their story, from the way the rediscovered each other to dealing with the past, and facing current issues was dynamic and engaging.

One of the things I struggled with in the first book was the fact that the fictional town of Sweetwater takes its name from a real place. In book one of the series, I kept looking for similarities between the real and fictional. In this book, it was easier to separate the two.

I am looking forward to seeing where the author takes this series in the future.

*version included a Bonus Read of Santa Baby
This was a fun little extra read. I enjoyed it, but really wanted the heroine to be a little more consistent.

Amazon


 This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)This Earl of Mine by Kate Bateman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This Earl of Mine is fun and engaging first book in a brand new series.

Georgie is a strong female lead. She is a unique character for a book set in high society just after the Napoleonic wars and is incredibly easy to like. She is also the perfect counterpart to Benedict - one of three friends/former soldiers serving as part time Bow Street runners. He is an atypical hero, but the combination of these two as a couple was terrific.

The set up here was something that I hadn’t seen before and I appreciated the fresh approach to a historical romance set in this time period. Add in elements of intrigue and this is must read that has me looking forward to the next book in the series.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment