Monday, December 9, 2019

Review Round Up ~ December 9

New Releases


Mistletoe Over ManhattanMistletoe Over Manhattan by Jeannine Colette

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was an enjoyable anthology filled with short stories. My favorites were the entries from Stephanie Rose and Kat T Masen. Please keep reading for my reviews.

Strangers in the city- ja low
3.5 stars
This was a fun insta lust/love read with a bit of vengeful ex thrown in. I liked Callie and Rhys and would enjoy seeing a more fleshed out version of the story.

Santa’s Slayings - Andrea Bills
3 stars
This was interesting, but I didn’t really get the romance between the main characters. I think this is one that needs the full book treatment to explore the complexities of the plot.

Rockefeller Romance - Jeannine Cole
3.5 stars
I have to admit to wanting to shake the heroine of this one a bit for being oblivious, but it all worked out in the end. This is another read that I would like to see fleshed out a bit more.

Pining - Stephanie Rose
4 stars
Of the pieces I’ve read so far, this feels the most complete to me. Some of that may come from being a huge Stephanie Rose fan and knowing Victoria’s back story. I liked her and Anthony as characters and enjoyed getting to see her interact with parents and siblings.

A very merry ex-Mas by Kat T Masen
4 stars
This is a super quick read. I loved the idea of a group of friends finding their way back together and a romance blossoming from the reconciliation.

Believe and it will happen
3 stars
Cute, insta love/fate story, but also a bit trite in the story telling. Everything felt stiff to me, but i did enjoy it.

The gift of Forgiveness- CD Bradley
3 stars
Good, but characters and plot needed to be more fleshed out.

Santa, is it you? M C Decker
3.5 stars
Cute story about how the right person can come from the most unexpected places. I would love to see the full length version of this one.

Amazon



 Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)Instacrush by Kate Meader

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Ms Meader continues her excellent hockey franchise with Instacrush, the second book in the Rookie Rebel series. Theo and Elle, our main characters, played supporting roles in the first book of the series, but we get to know them much better in this stand alone novel.

Both Theo and Elle are characters that have a lot more going on than you notice at first glance. It was a pleasure to get to know them better and see them go through the emotional growth necessary to have a chance at happy ever after.

As expected from Ms Meader, this is a well written book with a strong cast of supporting characters. There is significant overlap with the original Rebels series, but this is handled in such a way that it would be easy for a new reader to join the series. Readers who have been following the series will appreciate getting to catch up with previous favorites.

I enjoyed getting to know Theo and Elle better in Instacrush. They had a good mix of sweet, funny, and touching moments both individually and as a couple. I am hoping we get to see more of them in the future!

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment