Monday, December 30, 2019

Review Round Up ~ Vacation addition (December 30)


I am still catching up from being gone for a week.... Thanks to wifi issues, I ended up throwing my "plan" for reading out the window..... 


New Release:


Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)Forever My Duke by Olivia Drake

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

My Forever Duke is the second in the Unlikely Duchess series and I found myself enjoying it just as much as the first.

Natalie is a strong heroine, especially considering she took a huge risk to fulfill a promise to a friend. I enjoyed getting to know her and seeing how her opinions evolved and changed as she got to know the world she was temporarily living in.

Hadrian, the Duke in question, was an entertaining hero. I appreciate his immediate desire to help and willingness to intervene as needed to help.

This well written book features an excellent meet cute, flirtation, emotional growth, and a bit of intrigue as well. My only complaint is that while we see the couple find a happy ending, we are left with several unresolved questions. I would have enjoyed knowing Leo’s (the little boy who brought them together) fate.

Amazon


TBR Reads:


Back Check (Aces Hockey, #4)Back Check by Kelly Jamieson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

Review copy purchased by blog

Kelly Jamieson is another I discovered in the last couple of years via a recommendation from Kate Meader, so when this book popped on sale I grabbed it.

Tanner is a player for the Chicago Aces and standing up for one of his teammates in their wedding when he discovers that the wedding planner is his college girlfriend.

It was fun to see Tanner and Katelyn reconnect. I found myself liking both character and rooting for them. I appreciated the fact that the reconnection wasn’t easy for either and the ghosts of their previous relationship were dealt with before they moved forward.

Add in a good emotional arc and a stellar secondary cast and this is an enjoyable read. If you have followed the series, this is a great catch up with previous characters. There is enough background that this also works as standalone for readers just joining the series.

Amazon


 Be My DecemberBe My December by Rachel Brookes

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Copy received for Free

A decent read with elements of intrigue and redemption.
I enjoyed Eden and Ky and characters and a couple.

My complaints were that it seemed to take a awful long time for them to connect. Ky’s back and forth initially made it hard to know what to think of his actions. There was also some elements of confusion regarding how Josh and Ashlyn fit into everything early on.

I am curious about Josh’s book.

Amazon


Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)Night with a SEAL by Cat Johnson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a book I picked up for free.
It is an entertaining, quick read, but.... it felt more like an intro into something else than a stand alone read.

I liked Jon and Ali, but don’t feel like I got to know either of them very well. The plot drivers of the book also seem to be more about Jon’s military career than the relationship between him and Ali.

I am curious about the other books in the series, but I’m not sure I’ll be rushing to buy them.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment