Monday, April 11, 2022

Review Round Up ~ April 11




New(er) Releases:

The Secret (Winslow Brothers, #3)The Secret by Max Monroe

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

I picked up The Secret because, honestly, I was invited to read an advance copy and I was intriqued by the forbidden grad student/professor set up. In meeting Ty and Rachel, I enjoyed the push/pull of them getting to know each other and struggle with the implication of should they be together.

This was an entertaining book and if I look at it as "just fun," I would say that it was fairly easy to get lost in. There was also a decent emotional element that was brushed against, but not explored as fully as it could have been.

I do have to admit that as much as I enjoyed Rachel and Ty, I also struggled a little bit. I don't know if this is because the due of Max Monroe is new to me and their style is something to get used to or if it was something else. This is the third book in the series and that made it feel like I was missing a little of the back story for the Winslow siblings. While each book appears to be a standalone, the siblings interact heavily with each other and I think reading the series in order would help.

Amazon

TBR Reads:   


My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

This is a book I picked up for free and while it was entertaining, I didn’t love it.

Eleanor is part of a group where everyone is pairing off and finding love, she is looking for that herself and meets Mitch on a new dating app.
I enjoyed seeing Eleanor and Mitch get to know each other, but it seems that things were always at a pretty surface level. Some of the feelings they espoused for each other didn’t always ring true based on their interactions.

The biggest reason this books gets 3 stars come down to editing and consistency issues. Early in the book, Eleanor states she is living in her mother’s empty house, but later she moves out of an apartment. There are similar inconsistencies with things Mitch says about his back story and how it flows through the later book.

This book has sparked my curiosity for some of the other books in this series, but I’m not sure I’d run out and buy them.






*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment