Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Review Round Up ~ January 11




New(er) Releases:

One Little SecretOne Little Secret by Avery Maxwell

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

I was invited to read One Little Secret and had room in the schedule, so decided to give it a shot and I am glad I did because this book sparked my curiosity for this author and the Westbrook family.

In One Little Secret intoduces us to Ashton Westbrook and Nova Blain. When we meet them, Ashton is battling something and Nova needs help. It was interesting to meet them, see their interactions, and watch them evolve.

The large secondary cast of family and found family help these two navigate painful situations by providing support and mirrors for things that need to change when needed. I found myself invested and rooting for these two.

If I enjoyed the book, why the missing 1/2 star? Well, as I read One Little Secret I kept feeling like I was missing something. That large seconday cast that I mentioned also contributed to the fact that I felt like there were pieces to the puzzle that I should have and don't. Based on the number of couples in the secondary cast, my guess is that Ashton has been a secondary character in those books and having read them before would have helped here.

This was well written and entertaining, so I am defintely curious to read more from Ms Maxwell, including more from the Westbrook family.

Amazon


TBR Reads:


My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Review Copy Received for Free

This is a book I picked up for free knowing it would be a fun, entertaining read and Ms Vale did not disappoint.
Jed and North are interesting characters in a plot driven story. There is enough from them that I liked both characters and found myself rooting for them to be successful. This is a fairly quick read, so the while the plot drives the story, its at a high level.
I would have enjoyed a little deeper dive on both the characters and story, but this was still a nice light weight read. North's brothers are the primary secondary characters here and I am curious about them.

Amazon   (free as of 10 January 2023)


View all my reviews


 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment