Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Review Round Up ~January 17




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

When I picked up my advance copy of The Backup Plan, I was looking for a feel good read and Ms Shalvis did not disappoint.

We meet Alice, Knox, and Lauren when they jointly inherit a semi run down inn from Eleanor. Each of them has a their own history/relationship with both the property and Eleanor. Alice and Lauren have their own complicated back story.

I appreciated the way Ms Shalvis used Eleanor and her emails along with the work around the inn to peel back some of the layers encouraging all three characters to develop. Old wounds were poked, insecurities revealed, and relationships grew in the month that they were “forced” together.

We see each character face a hard thing and come out the other side as a better person. I enjoyed how the three partners supported each other and communicated so that they seemed to inherently know who the struggling person needed to talk to. The personal growth led to new friendships and romantic developments.

Add in Ms Shalvis’ classic humor and this is a well written must read set in the Tahoe area town is Sunset Cove. This is the third book in this series, but is a complete standalone.

Amazon




My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

After meeting the Jansen brothers in Noah and Grace’s story, I was excited to meet Wes and Hailey here in A Guide to Being Just Friends.

Both of these characters are intriguing. Hailey and Wes both come to their friendship with baggage and wounds from the past. This leads them to the idea that they can only be friends. Their journey to a developing friendship and growing connections was sweet and endearing.

I enjoyed getting to know both characters and seeing how knowing each other brought about their personal growth. Wes and Hailey were excellent offsets for each other. Add in small, but impactful secondary cast and this is a well written read.

Ms Sullivan is a newer to me author who is moving to my “must read” list and I am curious about going back to read Chris and Everly’s story.



 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment