Sunday, March 12, 2023

Review Round Up ~ March 12




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Do you like books set in small towns with an interesting family of characters? Then More Than I Could will be up your alley!

Chase and his brothers are fun to watch together.
The teasing felt organic and this is a group that I’d like to get to know better. Megan is an interesting addition to the group. She fits in right away and offers a perspective that the family hadn’t seen before.

I appreciated the way Chase and Megan gradually fit together and the fact that it was a 14 year old who nudged them along the path to being happy.

I will say that I wanted a little more from this story - I wish we gone a little deeper on certain facets, but I think that is personal and it didn’t detract from the enjoyment of what’s here. I do have to wonder if we will see more of the Marshall family soon.

Amazon  



My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

In The Sister Effect, Ms Mallery takes us to meet Finley and Sloan. They are in a strange place (along with their mother) as a family.
 
I found myself genuinely liking both sisters. Both are flawed in different ways that frequently put them at odds with one another. I appreciated how the surrounding cast helped steer them toward the path of being better.

Ms Mallery does an excellent job of portraying the struggles of addiction, both for the addict and for the people around them. This was done gracefully and I found it helpful in understanding the dynamics around Finley and Sloan.

Our male leads (Jericho and Ellis) were likeable as well. They were the counterpoints Finley and Sloan needed and helped model the forgiveness element of the story.
 
Overall, this is an great read, especially for those interested in family dynamics and the complicated relationship they bring to the table.








 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment