Monday, August 10, 2015

Night Unbound ~ Dianne Duvall

Today's review comes from my TBR pile. It's a book I've been looking forward to reading for a while. If you've read it, please make sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians protect humanity from unspeakable horrors--but their hearts are as fragile as any mortal's. . . For centuries, Lisette d'Alençon has been a warrior against the dark. She fights alongside her brothers and comrades. But when the dreams start coming, she can't bear to confess them to the Immortal Guardians' command. Dreams of a dark-haired man with soft eyes and brutal wounds, a man her heart aches for--and a man she knows has been declared a traitor. Zach is an exile, a loner. He won't defend himself against false accusations or grovel to those who should have faith in him. But he'll damn sure defend the woman who kept him sane against a plague of super-vamps that seems to have appeared from nowhere. The Guardians will blame him, and that will make Lisette suspect, too. With life, death and eternity on the line, who can they really trust?

Elizabeth's Review

4 stars – Would Highly Recommend This Book

Night Unbound is another fantastic addition to the Immortal Guardian’s series. In this installment we continue to follow the Guardians based in North Carolina as they face a new enemy bent on doing them harm. The primary couple in this book are Lisette, one of the Guardians we’ve seen since the beginning, and Zach, a “cousin” of the Guardian’s leader.

I have to admit that I’ve had this book sitting on my kindle for a while. I’ve wanted to read it, but was a little afraid that by book five things might feel a little stale. With Book 6 coming out in a couple of weeks, it got me going and I’m so glad I did.

As with other books in the series, there is a good balance of fantasy, romance, and adventure. All of the characters are very relatable and it’s almost impossible not to like Lisette and Zach. The suspense/adventure element of the story is exciting and everything is very well paced.

Technically, this is a stand-alone book and Ms. Duvall does a great job of giving enough background information that you can enjoy this book by itself. But, realistically for this story to be fully appreciated, the series should be read in order. The secondary cast is large and there are numerous sub plots going on in addition to the romance between Lisette and Zach and intrigue around the Guardians.


My only regret for this book is that I waited as long as I did to read it. The plus side, everything will be nice and fresh when I start Shadow Strike (book 6) soon. 

Where to find Night Unbound:
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes and Nobel 


No comments:

Post a Comment