Sunday, October 18, 2015

Everything I left Unsaid ~ Molly O'Keefe ~ New Release


Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free. I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me. And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time. His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.

Elizabeth's Review 


4 Stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review copy provided by publisher via net galley

I've been thinking about what I want to say about this book for a while and still am not sure where to start. I definitely enjoyed it, but it is not a light or easy read. Ms. O'Keefe does an excellent job of dealing with a serious issue - domestic violence and what the victims go through as they leave and start to put a life back together. Annie's "relationship" with Dylan is interesting, but I personally thought his role as a facilitator of her personal growth and exploration was as if not more important than the romantic entanglement. There is a scene toward the end of the book where Dylan offers to basically "fix" Annie's problem while also keeping her safe. I loved her compromise of taking his help, but putting herself in charge; it showed just how much she had grown as a character. I really felt that this was mainly Annie's story, but we also got to see some of the changes she created in Dylan. I am hoping we get to see more of him in the follow up book. Ms. O'Keefe is a new author for me, but I will definitely be reading her work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment