Friday, October 16, 2015

Meet the Author ~ Emerald O'Brien

Hi Everyone~ Let's give a big welcome to Emerald O'Brien, our Meet the Author guest this week. A little birdie might have mentioned that she has a new release coming soon.... 


Published work:

A New Adult Mystery Duet:
Darkness Follows #1
Shadows Remain #2

The Avery Hart Trilogy:
Lies Come True #1 (Free when you subscribe to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/4YHaX)
Bare Your Bones #2
Every Last Mark #3

What are you working on now? 
The release for the last book in my trilogy is on October 17th, and it’s a bittersweet feeling to finish up with Avery’s story. I have just started plotting my 6th book, which will be a stand alone Romantic Suspense Novel. It’s yet to be named, but I’m so excited to blend one of my specialties (unpredictable suspense) together with romance.

Do you get to write full time or do you also have a “day” job? 
I write full-time, but I am also the Chief Creative Officer for The Write Assistants. The owner of the company and fellow author, Jade Eby, and I have created courses to help other authors.

Favorite part of being an author?
Besides being able to create stories that other people can then read (my mind is still blown by this simple, yet amazing fact), my favourite part of being an author is that I can write the kind of stories I’d like to read. In my case, that means suspenseful and unpredictable books that surprise readers, and keep them guessing. This amazing quote also describes why I love it: “Writing is the only thing that when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.” ― Gloria Steinem

Scariest part of being an author? 
This is a little morbid, but honestly, the thought that I might not be able to get all my stories out. Basically, one of my fears is that when I die, the stories I haven’t told yet will die with me.

Who are your favorites to read?
Lisa Gardner and Chevy Stevens have been my go-to’s for mystery/suspense. Stephen King, John Saul, and Mo Hayder are some of my favourites when it comes to horror/thrillers. Lucy Maud Montgomery is my childhood inspiration, as she has told such amazing stories that I’ll enjoy through my life. And of course some of my amazing author friends that inspire me with their writing and talent that I mention often on my social media. 

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I’d love the power to heal people. I think that’s why I love the escapism that comes with reading, and that I get to do that with my writing. You might not be able to physically heal readers, but there is potential to take their mind away from pain, suffering, and stress for a while. That’s a big deal.

One piece of advice to an aspiring writer? 
If you understand your motivation to write, and are willing to search out and discover answers for yourself, you can choose the path that is right for you to attain your goals. There are so many different ideas of success, so when you know what yours looks like, you are able to aim for it.

Where can we find you?
You can find me on my:
Website: http://emeraldobrien.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorEmeraldOBrien?ref=hl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmeraldOBrien_
Instagram: https://instagram.com/writeremeraldobrien/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7359268.Emerald_O_Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment