Monday, September 19, 2016

Wilder ~ Rebecca Yarros ~ New Release & Review

14315900_1268098096568039_127701387_o
Wilder
Rebecca Yarros
September 19, 2016
   
Synopsis
  He’s Paxton Wilder.   Twenty-two-year-old, tattooed, smoking-hot leader of the Renegades.   Five time X Games medalist.   The world is his playground—especially this year—and for the next nine months I’m stuck as his tutor on the Study at Sea program.   He’s too busy staging worldwide stunts for his documentary to get to class.   But if I can’t get him to take academics seriously, I’ll lose my scholarship…if I don’t lose my heart first.   Six unlikely friends on a nine-month cruise with the Study at Sea program will learn that chemistry is more than a subject and the best lessons aren’t taught in the classroom…but in the heart.    
Goodreads
wilder-teaser-6
Purchase Links
iBooks:
 
Connect with Rebecca
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/23mt0Qh
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1Uw8NXZ

Elizabeth's Review


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend


Review Copy provided by publisher via Net Galley


This book has been sitting on my kindle for about a month and I kept putting it off. First it was because I had other deadlines to meet, then it was because I was in a book funk and I just wasn't sure enough about it because Ms. Yarros is a new to me author that I've been hearing a lot about.

Let's just say that I am kicking myself for not reading this book sooner! (and the blurb seriously doesn't do the book justice!)

In Wilder, we meet Leah and Paxton along with the other Renegades. At first these two seem like an unusual pair that has been forced together, but it doesn't take long to understand that they are both so much more than what they seem.

Paxton is a good balance of Alpha male/arrogant rich boy with fierce loyalty and a heart that is much more tender than he lets on. Leah is the wounded bird who isn't letting her fears stop her (too much) and she is a fantastic counter balance to Pax's wild ways.

I appreciated the way Ms. Yarros handled the romantic relationship between these two. Even though the sparks flew instantly, she allowed them to build a relationship that was based on more than just physical chemistry and really showed both character's better personality traits.

Wilder is a great balance between the romantic relationship brewing, real life stresses, and intrigue that leaves you surprised at who the bad guy is. It was truly fun to watch how much both Leah and Pax changed over the course of their first trimester at sea and I am looking forward to seeing what future adventures the Renegades have in store for us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment