Friday, November 4, 2016

Hell and Back by Natasha Madison


Meeting him was a fluke. Dating him was a mistake. Watching him become a drug addict put me through hell. Running was my only option.

***

I'm running from my demons and when I find out she's trying to escape her past, I know what I have to do.

One broken cop. One woman fighting for her life. A fragile love.

Sinister secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

They've been to hell. The hard part will be finding their way back together.

Goodreads ~ Amazon


Elizabeth's Review


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Review Copy Provided by Author


This is a book that I was almost reluctant to read. Why.... Two reasons:
1) This is a sophomore novel by an author's whose debut book I enjoyed and it's a very different genre from her first book
2) The blurb scared me.

I'm glad that I took a chance of this story. Yes, there are some sensitive subjects addressed and there is suspense and angst. But, there are also light-hearted moments, romance and friendship, and healing.

Jackson and Bella are both early to mid 20's and have had hard knocks in life. While Bella's hard times have been harsher and more damaging, they haven't ruined her. This is a well crafted book that shows the power of love and patience and how a family can be built from those around us.

I was thrilled to see Ms. Madison avoid the dreaded sophomore slump. I am looking forward to seeing what see comes up with next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment