Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reviews from the To Be Read pile

More reviews from the TBR.... I'm trying to shrink my list of books to read a little bit :)


Walk of Shame (Walk of Shame, #1-3)Walk of Shame by Victoria Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This includes the first 3 books in the Walk of Shame series plus a few bonus scenes at the end. Each book is a stand alone, but they happen in chronological order and feed off of each other. All of the heroes are very Alpha bad boys - with varying degrees of bad and the love of a good woman changes everything. Definitely heavy on the sexy time, a little light on character development.

Amazon

The Stepbrother Series: Linc & Raven (Stepbrother, #1-3)The Stepbrother Series: Linc & Raven by Danielle Jamie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a collection of several books/novellas together. Published as a whole, I enjoyed the story, but honestly would not have finished the series if I had read them as they were published. It took me a while to get into the story and connect with Linc and Raven. Initially, they both came across as rich and spoiled and I honestly had a hard time with them. That improved as the story went on and there was some actual character development.
Two other issues that kept this from having a higher rating:
1) the idea that the relationship between Linc and Raven was "forbidden" - Yes, they were technically step-siblings eventually and there was potential awkwardness, but they were legal adults when their respective parents started dating. I felt like this was blown out of proportion to create drama for the sake of drama.
2) Editing - There are numerous basic editing mistakes.
Overall, an interesting read that does deal with some tough emotional issues.

Amazon - Kindle Unlimited

Never Over You (Never Over You, #3)Never Over You by Ryleigh Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh My goodness gracious....
Never Over You is the third book/conclusion to the Never Over You series featuring Mia and Ethan. If you haven't read the prior two books - stop - the back story is really needed for this book to work.
We have followed Mia and Ethan for nearly 10 years and they continue to be the masters of poor communication. The lack of communication gets them into more trouble in this volume full of happy moments and plenty of angst.
Friendships and love continue to be central themes as we go on Mia and Ethan's journey to see if they can find their happily ever after.
One of the best parts of the Never Over You series for me was seeing Ms. Andrews' evolution as an author. I'm looking forward to more of the Last Star gang.

Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment