Tuesday, October 23, 2018

ARC and TBR Reviews

Today I have an ARC Review of a new release for you and something from my TBR pile... Enjoy! 

ARC Review


Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)Big Stick by Kelly Jamieson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Ms. Jamieson is a new author to me and I'm so disappointed that it took me this long to find her!
Big Stick is a Hockey book that is also an sweet story of redemption and emotional second chances.
Nick and Jodie are an unlikely pair. He's an NHL hockey player, not a star, but a solid player and contributor who has emotional baggage weighing him down. She's a single mom who has relocated to Chicago and is trying to find her footing and is convinced she will be alone.
I liked how these two came together. It was a fun scenario that brought these two into each other's orbit and gave them a chance to help each other in ways they didn't expect or even realize they needed. Both Jodie and Nick are entertaining characters. I appreciated their complexities and the emotional journey they take together, especially Nick as he struggles with the idea of commitment.
Hockey and the team are great secondary characters. This is the seventh book in the series, but I didn't feel lost because I haven't read the other books. There is enough detail that I felt like I knew the key secondary characters and could appreciate their contributions.
Big Stick was an entertaining read that makes me want to go back and read the rest of the series.

Amazon


TBR REVIEW



  The Contract (The Contract, #1)The Contract by Melanie Moreland

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I confess.... I went into this book knowing how it would end. I am a newer reader of Ms Moreland - I just “met” her with the BAM boys of the Vested series, so the male lead here is someone I’ve met before as a secondary/crossover character.
Having said that, when I first met Richard in The Contract I had serious questions about how he was going to get where he needed to go!
As much as this book is about two people falling in love, it’s also about Richard becoming a better human. I appreciated his emotional journey.
This is a well written and entertaining book that is more emotional that I would have expected from a fake marriage story.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)


View all my reviews

1 comment: