Friday, March 20, 2020

Review Round Up ~ March 20


Coming Soon/New Releases:


The Honey-Don't ListThe Honey-Don't List by Christina Lauren

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

The duo behind Christina Lauren is one that I can depend on for delivering an enjoyable read and The Honey Don’t List is no exception.

Carey and James are the couple at the center of our story. They have the unenviable job of keeping TV’s “it” couple together while their “perfect” image unravels.

Both Carey and James were easy to like and fairly easy to relate to. I think almost everyone has woken up at one point and asked themselves “how did this become my life?” I appreciated the growth both of them went through. Carey’s was more internal and had a “why this and what’s next” vibe where for James it was more an issue of him starting to look outside himself and taking control.

Whether intentional or not, the Honey Don’t List includes several poignant messages for anyone. The ideas of standing up for yourself, looking out for others, and not losing the good things for the next thing are all woven into this well written and entertaining story.

Amazon


TBR Reads:


Blocked (Gold Hockey, #1)Blocked by Elise Faber

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Book purchased for "Free"

Ms Faber is an author I've read before, but this was the first of her hockey books that I've read and now I am very curious about the Gold hockey players.

Brit is a female goalie who has worked her way to being a back up NHL goalie, the first woman to do so. The deck is stacked against her when she arrives and it seems to get worse at first. I liked Brit, she's worked hard to get to where she is, but she maintains her femininity while doing so.

Stefan is the team captain who has a few struggles of his own. I liked him from the beginning too; He appeared to be a genuinely good guy and strong teammate. The chemistry between these two was intense from the beginning, but one of my favorite parts about Stefan was that he seem to appreciate where Brit was coming from and respected that.

Overall, I enjoyed this story. There were a couple of places that seemed over the top, but they really fall under the bucket of artistic license. Ms Faber did an excellent job of blending this story along with the cast building that will allow the series to grow.

Amazon


 Just a Fling (Blue Beech, #1)Just a Fling by Charity Ferrell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Book purchased for "Free"

This was a free read I picked up from a new to me author. If I were an emoji this book would be a “meh.”

I feel bad saying that because it’s not a bad book, it just a book that I didn’t connect with. Going into Just a Fling, I felt like I was missing information. This is the first book in the series, but is the series a crossover from something else? I don’t know....

Neither Hudson nor Stella were super easy to like or support. Some of that maybe personal opinion, but i felt they were a bit flat and struggled with understanding their motivations.

Add in wishy washy actions, a plot that just didn’t gel for me, and several major editing mistakes and this just wasn’t a book I loved.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment