Friday, April 3, 2020

Review Round Up ~ April 4


New Releases:


Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)Cowboy for Hire by Victoria James

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review provided by publisher via Net Galley

This is a sweet story about two people coming into their own and discovering who they really are meant to be.

I liked both Sarah and Cade and enjoyed getting to know them. Both are interesting characters on their own, but together they seemed to bring out the best in each other. I think my favorite thing about Sarah was her willingness to put herself out there and stretch the muscles of independence. Both had some emotional growing to do and part of me wishes that Sarah had a few more opportunities to do so away from the ranch. There were times that she came across as much younger than her years, which while understandable made it slightly harder to relate to her.

Cowboy for Hire is the second book in a series and while it is very much a stand alone read, it also has a bit of what I think of as an “Oreo” feel to it. Cade and Sarah’s story is the cream filling, but his friends Tyler and Dean are the cookies on the outside. Both are key secondary characters here, but they are also the past and future leading men of books in the series. Ms James does a solid job of bringing enough of the other two guys to be interested in their stories, but not over powering the main story here. I definitely want to see what happens with Dean and Hope!

Amazon


TBR Reads:


Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)Gypsy King by Devney Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review copy purchased while book was Free

I went into Gypsy King not really knowing what to think. Devney Perry is a newish author time me and I’ve enjoyed the books of her’s that I’ve read, but I’m not a huge fan of MC books.

Because of the MC element, I had this book on my wish list, but hadn’t picked up yet. Then it showed up as free, so I had to grab it and I’m glad I did.

What I discovered is that Ms Perry’s trademark style of crafting dynamic characters shines through no matter what genre she is focusing on. Bryce and Dash were both interesting with chemistry off the charts. The story in Gypsy King is a great mix of budding relationship, family drama, and intrigue.

Not only did Ms Perry make me look at MC books in a new way, I will be one clicking on the 2nd book of this series because i need to know what happens next!

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment