Saturday, April 11, 2020

Review Round Up ~ April 11


TBR Reads:


If You Were Mine (After We Fall, #3)If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Copy purchased in 2019 LIFT auction

The good girl and a bad boy is always an interesting combination and Ms Harlow definitely delivers here.

Claire and Theo are both interesting characters. I enjoyed seeing her gain the confidence to expand her horizons and go after some of the things she has always wanted in life and been afraid to try. Theo is more complex than he appears at first and it was interesting seeing him discover his marshmallow center.

If You Were Mine is part of the same series as After We Fall and it was fun to see Margot and Jack again.

Amazon



Forever and All the AftersForever and All the Afters by K.I. Lynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Purchased for Free

Ms Lynn is a newer author for me and I am still getting to know her work, so I wasn’t sure what to expect when reading Forever and All the Afters. The idea of a long lost love resurfacing at crucial moment was interesting and I was curious about the execution.

I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say that i liked the way the scenario here was handled. Aubrey and her high school boyfriend Pike are easy to like and root for, it didn’t take long before I wanted them back together.

This is mainly Aubrey’s story and it was hard to see her rationalize certain situations, but I think it’s a trap a lot of women fall into. It made me want to reach into the book and shake her! There is just enough of the story from Pike’s point of view that it became easier to understand why he did what he did and see the heart of the issue vs the perception.

Forever and All the Afters is a unique read and it makes me want to spend more time with Ms Lynn’s work.

Amazon


 Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)Riven Knight by Devney Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Before reading Gypsy King (book 1 in the Tin Gypsy series) I would have said that I didn't like MC books. At this point, I don't know that I would say it's moved up to being a favorite, but I definitely am enjoying Ms. Perry's version of the genre.

Riven Knight picks up very close to the end of Gypsy King and answers the question about what happened to Genevieve and Isaiah. I enjoyed getting to know both of these characters better and seeing the layers of who they are peeled back from the glimpses we've seen before. It was also fun to discover that Isaiah is connected to characters from another of Ms Perry's series.

The story surrounding Genevieve and Isaiah does an excellent job of blending their growing friendship/romance and the mystery of what happened to Genevieve's mother. The intrigue elements and evolving relationships kept me on my toes and made it hard to put the kindle down. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what happens in Presley's book.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment