Friday, July 17, 2020

Review Round Up ~ July 17


New Releases:


Finding SolaceFinding Solace by S.L. Scott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Finding Solace is an updated version of the book Solace (originally published in 2017 as part of the Kingwood series). The new Finding Solace includes additional content and fresh edits.
After finishing this version, I went back to read my original review of Solace. I discovered that I had given that book 3.5 stars centered around two specific issues. What I considered the bigger of the two issues has been resolved in this edit and I can gladly give it a full 4 stars.

Finding Solace is a story centered around finding the right person, but for whatever reason it's the wrong time. Jason and Delilah are former small town sweethearts who had life intervene and four years later discover that there is an opportunity for redemption and a second chance.

Both Jason and Delilah are likable and interesting characters. They both come to this potential second chance with a lot of baggage that they have to work through, including the hows and why that their first relationship ended. This was one of my initial concerns with the first edition of Solace, but here I understand Delilah a little bit better and can see how insecurities, manipulation, and stubbornness conspired to lead them down the path they took.

This is a swoony and romantic reunion with a side of intrigue. The small secondary cast adds to the entertainment value. I am hoping to see a future story for Shelby (Delilah's sister).

Amazon


TBR Reads:


Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)Hold Me Today by Maria Luis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased for Free

Hold Me Today has been sitting on my TBR and bingo in the Do Not Disturb book group got me to go grab it. The only thing I’m disappointed by is that it me so long to read this book!

Mina and Nick are a great pair for each other. From the “frenemies” they started out as to true friendship and then more, they had a way of balancing each other. I liked them individually and loved them as a couple, I found myself rooting for them to find a happy.

I also appreciated the way Ms Luis had Mina deal with her struggles, both internal and external. The emotional evolution made me like Mina that much more and showed the importance of being whole before trying to make a romantic relationship work with someone else.

The secondary cast is small, but entertaining. I am definitely curious to see what happens with Dom. I will be exploring Ms Luis’ back list as well!

Amazon



Challenge (Harris Brothers, #1)Challenge by Amy Daws

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

Amy Daws is an author that has been on my TBR for a while, but it took the Do Not Disturb bingo challenge to dive in.

Challenge is a unique story. Camden is a rising star is the football (soccer for us Americans) world and Indie is a medical resident prodigy of sorts. These two meet when an injury brings Cam into Indie’s ER. I liked both characters and enjoyed seeing them fight their own emotional battles as they also battled with each other to see if their happy endings included a future together.

An entertaining plot, strong world building, and great characters (primary and secondary) all add up to a great book and I will definitely be reading more of Ms Daws.

Amazon


View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment