Friday, January 29, 2021

Review Round Up ~ January 29


Coming Soon/New Releases:

Until Now (Happily Ever Alpha World)Until Now by Leslie Pike

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

I’m always a little curious and a little worried when I pick up a book written in another author’s “world” - mainly because I’m not ever sure what to expect. Until Now is Ms Pike’s entry into a world created by Aurora Rose Reynolds, one I don’t know a whole lot about.

On one level, this was a book I really liked. The characters were interesting and like-able, their connection instant, and the developing relationship organic. I appreciated how both Dominique and Maxen were focused on family and seemed to have their priorities in order.

Where I struggled with Until Now is that I didn’t always hear Ms Pike’s “voice” in the story. It’s hard to put my finger on one particular moment, but there were places where the “world” and secondary characters seemed to overwhelm what was a really great story about getting a second chance at love.

Amazon


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Purchased

The fourth installment of the Runaway series picks up with Aria as she journeys from her home in Oregon to visit her sister in Arizona. As with the other Runaways we have met so far, Aria’s journey ends up being more than just a physical trip.

I enjoyed seeing her interactions with Brody. Not only their initial sparring, but the moments when they surprised each other and began to form a real partnership.

This is technically a stand alone read. Ms Perry does an excellent job of pulling in the details so that the reader has all of the needed background information. Given that this is the 4th book, I would suggest reading at least some of the other books first - especially Quarter Miles to get the full experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment