Sunday, January 3, 2021

Review Round Up ~ January 3


Coming Soon/New Releases:

The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)The Princess and the Rogue by Kate Bateman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Wouls Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

The Bow Street Runners series from Ms Bateman has been one I have enjoyed, so I was looking forward to seeing who would be the lovely lady to bring Sebastien up to scratch.
Anya was the perfect counter part for him. I appreciated the strength of character she showed in blazing her own trail when faced with unfortunate circumstances.

Much like the previous Bow Street books, the interactions between Anya and Sebastien were smart and quick witted as they dealt with threats, espionage, and an intense attracion to each other. It was fun to see the layers get pulled back and the feelings develope.

This was a great addition to the Bow Street Bachelors series. We saw just enough of the previous characters to appreciate the continuity of the story, but for this to be a true stand alone read. Now that all three men are pair up, I am curious to see what Ms Bateman will come up with next.

Amazon


TBR READS:

Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)Make Me Yours by Melanie Harlow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the first Bellamy Creek book, we met both Cole and Cheyenne as secondary characters. He is a widower, father to a 9 year old girl and she is his best friend’s little sister.

It was sweet to see both Cole and Cheyenne fight and then give into romantic feelings that have been brewing. I appreciated the way that Cheyenne fought to protect herself from a half relationship while Cole had to face demons buried for a long time.

Relationships where one partner has a child can be tricky, as there is a delicate balance between the romance and the family. Ms Harlow did an excellent job of making sure Cole’s daughter was a key character and treated as important by both Cole and Cheyenne.

I am very curious to see what is coming for Enzo and Beckett, the two friends who have yet to find their Mrs Right.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)

FREE READS:

All I Want For Christmas Is YouAll I Want For Christmas Is You by Vi Keeland

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a set of 6 short stories and s bit of a mixed bag in terms of the quality. The collection was free, so it was worth it.

Lights out love - 4 stars
Sweet and cute short story about two people connecting in unexpected circumstances!

The forbidden Christmas gift - 4 stars
A fun short story around falling for a co worker/best friends sibling

Christmas Magic - 4 stars
This is a story that I want to know more about!

Ho Ho Ho holy hotness - 3 stars
This story just didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, not much in the way of character development.

Alaskan Jack - 3 stars
A little far fetched for me. Not a lot of plot or character development

Christmas letter - 4 stars
This was super cute and I want more of Zach and Chloe

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment