Sunday, January 24, 2021

Review Round Up ~ January 24


Coming Soon/New Releases:

No Holding Back (McKenzies of Ridge Trail #1)No Holding Back by Lori Foster

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Author

No Holding Back introduces to a brand new group of characters with the McKenzie family, focusing on older brother, Cade.

I found myself liking Cade and his siblings. They had an interesting dynamic and it was fun to see them work together to accomplish their goals. Sterling/Star was a good match for Cade and she fit in well with the family.
One of my favorite things about the book, was seeing the bond between Cade and Sterling develop into a friendship and more.

The overall story here is interesting and I appreciated the shared goal that helped bring Cade and Sterling together, but there were several things I struggled with. The first - Sterling/Star, I was never clear on why she changed her name and why Cade insisted on using the old name. The second thing I struggled with had to do with this being the first book in a new series. There was almost too much going on- we had world building, romance, intrigue, and even setting up book 2.

Even with my struggles, I still very much enjoyed No Holding back and am looking forward to more from this family.

Amazon


TBR READS:


Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)Quarter Miles by Devney Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend

Review Copy Purchased

I am loving the Runaway series!
These books are connected stand-alones following a group of former homeless teenagers - now adults as they heal old wounds and find new loves.

Quarter Miles is the third book in the series and while it is an independent story with a brand new heroine/hero, this book is strongly tied to book 2 (Wild Highway). Kat and
Cash (aren’t those the best names) were significant secondary characters in Wild Highway.

This was an interesting and slightly angsty read, mainly because these two likeable characters needed to get out of their own way. Ms Perry did an excellent job of taking these two out of their comfort zone and letting the slug it out. I can’t wait to see what is in store for the rest of the gang! 

No comments:

Post a Comment