Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Review Round Up ~ March 22




New(er) Releases:

The Summer GetawayThe Summer Getaway by Susan Mallery

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

When life doesn’t go as planned, what do you do?
When we meet Robyn, she is approaching this cross roads. She’s in her early 40s, divorced, and with two young adult children.
Robyn is a character that is easy to relate to. The issues she is struggling with are things that I think most people, especially women, deal with at some point. The specifics may be different, but I think the substance is the same.
I appreciated watching Robyn’s evolution and seeing how the people around her couldn’t help but gravitate toward her, even when she wasn’t there. The evolution of the characters is the secondary cast was impactful too.
This is a story full of relationships and growth and was written in such a way that I just wanted to curl up and stay with the characters and their adventures. When we reached the end of the story, I was happy with the resolution, but loved that my imagination could continue to spin tales of what might happen next!

Amazon


TBR Reads:   


A Rancher's Heart (The Stones of Heart Falls, #1)A Rancher's Heart by Vivian Arend

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Purchased as a Free Read

This is a book I picked up for free and it was the sweet read I needed right now!

I enjoyed getting to meet Caleb, his brothers, and sweet little girls as they welcomed Tamara into their world on the Stone ranch.

Instant attraction, chemistry, cluelessness, and putting precious cargo first all played a part in how this story unfolded. There were a few “that would seriously never happen” moments, but they worked to support the story.

From reading, it seems that Tamara (at least) and potentially the Stone family have appeared in previous books as secondary characters, but having read those books in not a requirement to enjoy this one. I am curious to learn more about the Stone brothers!


*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment