Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Review Round Up ~ June 28




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Thrillers aren’t usually my literary cup of tea, but Shari Ryan is a favorite author, so I wanted to try this one and am so glad I did.

The Homemaker is told from multiple points of view in alternating timelines, so you have to be paying attention or you will miss certain clues. I have to admit that I figured out one of the “bad guys” fairly quickly, but I would have never imagined the full depth of the deception woven into this well-written story.

I won’t go into much more detail because I don’t want to potentially spoil anything. I will say that this book kept me on my toes, twisted me up, broke my heart, and put it back together. An excellent read!


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

If you are looking for a feel-good story about friends figuring out love (with a little help) then The Happiness Plan is for you!
Daphne, Heather, and Tori are three friends with a family that they have created with each other and a trio of brothers Brody (Daphne’s spouse) Grant, and Campbell.

When we meet this group each of the ladies is in a different place emotionally. Ms Mallery walks us along with them as they struggle through their journeys to a potential happy ending. We see misunderstandings, support, hard truths, and surprises. Daphne and Heather have the biggest challenges, but all three have things to face and they are the biggest supporters for each other.

This well-written book takes a hard look at one of couples' biggest issues - communicating- from three seemingly different standpoints. I found myself rooting for all three of our heroines to get things figured out!

Long-term fans of Ms Mallery’s will see a familiar face in the supporting cast - it was a fun little connection in this truly stand-alone read.

Amazon


 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment