Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Review Round Up ~ June 7




New(er) Releases:




My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Just for Me is a novella length entry in the Escape to New Zealand series featuring Luke and Hayden. Both are secondary characters we’ve met previously.

Ms James has a knack for giving us stories where the featured couples face a struggle or hard circumstances and this is no exception. In this case we have two men facing the complications that their sexuality introduces into their personal and professional lives.
The issue was handled with honesty and grace. I appreciated the fact that the secondary cast helped navigate some of the trickier aspects of revealing oneself and a long-distance relationship.

Loyal fans of the series will be glad to see familiar faces appear in the secondary roles and you will see a few updates to where they are now, but this is a complete standalone entry. Having read some of the more recent Escape to New Zealand stories will provide context, but is not necessary.

Pride Not Prejudice: A Romantic Charity Collection Celebrating the LGBTQIA+ Community $9.99


TBR Reads:

Unraveled (The Henry Brothers, #1)Unraveled by Amy Knupp

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

This is a book I picked up for free in an author newsletter swap and I am glad I gave it a chance.
Chloe and Holden are life long friends living about an hour from eash other in Tennessee. He is in their hometown helping run the family business while she is out of Nashville and has avoided the town for 16 years.

This is a friends to lovers/Marriage of convience story. I'm not going to retell the story, but I will say that the marriage piece was a little too convienient for me - I bought that these two were life long friends, but I'm a bit surprised more people in the secondary cast weren't questioning the wedding. (That's the missing 1/2 star for me).

I enjoyed Chloe and Holden and the overall way their story played out. Both characters had evolutions that made the story sweeter and more entertaining. This is by frst book by Ms Knupp, but I hope it won;t be the last. I am curious to get to know Holden's brothers and some of the other towns people of Dragonfly Lake better.









 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment