Friday, March 15, 2024

Review Round Up ~ March 15




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Provided by Author

Almost Romantic = definitely sweet with a strong hint of spice!

Elodie and Gage are previous secondary characters that fans of Ms Blakely will recognize and instantly fall in love with! The meet-cute is just that and I loved the crazy, impulsive events that continued to bring them together.

Written with likable characters and slightly fantastical scenarios, this is a great escape read. The secondary cast is fun and there are a few familiar faces, but no spoilers for other books. My only regret here is that I didn’t have time to snuggle up and read more of the book in one sitting.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimted)

TBR Reads:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Provided by Author

This this was a book that I’ve seen mentioned for a while by an author that I routinely enjoy the timing was just not right for me to read it until recently. What was I waiting for?
Thea and Kade end up in the middle of nowhere for the PR stunt wedding of their siblings. This is an interesting case of things not always being what they seem and boy oh boy what happens next…

I won’t go into too much detail, but this is a classic read by Ms Flynn. She creates entertaining situations that are multi layered and gives her characters opportunities to figure things out. Thea and Kade are both realistic people with relatable issues and insecurities that color how they approach of events around them. I appreciated watching them grow as individuals while also creating an unexpected friendship with the potential for more.

The secondary cast here is small, primarily the siblings, headed for wedded bliss and parental figures. The dynamics between Thea, Kade, and the secondary group colored both their reactions to things and helped guide them to resolutions. This is a fun read that had a surprisingly emotional undercurrent and has been excited for the next book in the series.




 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment