Sunday, January 17, 2016

Havoc box Set ~ Autumn Grey ~ REVIEW


A three month modelling contract in Paris. 

Two strangers drawn together by fate. 

A stalker hell-bent on keeping them apart. 

Selene Michaels is determined to never let anyone make her feel inferior again. After a painful divorce, she finds herself in Paris on a working holiday, hopeful that this will be the opportunity she has been waiting for. She intends to have fun and maybe find someone to flirt with; someone who will show her a good time, treat her right. What she does not expect to find is Remington St. Germain and his adorable son, Adrien. Remington is intense, devastatingly hot and a Prince Charming on the outside, but a dirty talking, insatiable devil behind closed doors and not the type to give up on something that he wants. Adrien makes her loss almost bearable. Selene soon realizes that life with Remington is not only interesting, but adventurous and dangerous. Someone is eager to keep Remington and her apart, and will go into great lengths to make sure that happens. 

Remington is at a crossroads. He can either let Selene go, forget about her. Or pursue her with determination, just like he does everything else. Otherwise he will be right back where he was before she came into his life. The clock is ticking, and danger looms closer. He will do anything to save the woman who is fast becoming a part of his soul. 

Sometimes life gives you a second chance. But what happens when danger threatens that chance?


Goodreads ~ Amazon (kindle Unlimited)

Elizabeth's Review


4 Stars - Would Recommend to a Friend


This is a set that has been on my TBR for awhile and I kept saying I'm was going to get to it and then didn't - Thanks to a group read, I finally got to enjoy. I started the set yesterday and was only supposed to read 4 chapters. I was so enthralled with Selene and Remington, that I kept going and finished the set this morning. I know it probably sounds crazy to think that I read an entire box set in about 18 hours, but the reader should note that books 1 - 3 of the Havoc series together really aren't much longer than the average novel. Having said that, I am really glad I read them as a box set now versus as individual stories when they came out. Having the three together flowed very well and made the experience more enjoyable.

Selene and Remington are both fantastic characters. When they come together they each have baggage a plenty that colors how they approach situations, but the instant connection between them is undeniable. I truly enjoyed watching how the very Alpha Remington went about wooing Selene. Not only was Remington a fantastic hero, Selene was a great heroine. I loved that she was curvy and confident, especially after the experiences she had prior to coming to Paris. The Havoc series encompasses sweet romance, hot sexy time, relationship building, and suspense. The books are well written and pull the reader into the experiences of Remington, Selene, and company.

My one and only complaint is a small detail - Selene's age. At one point, she mentions being 26. When you back track with the details we know about her, that doesn't exactly add up. If my math is right, she should have been 27 or 28. I know it's a super minor detail, but it's one that snagged me.

Overall, this is an excellent set and I definitely recommend reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment