Friday, January 15, 2016

Meet The Author ~ Susan Arden

Hey, I’m Susan Arden and today I’m here to talk dirty! Just joking. Actually, I just released another sexy cowboy romance, starring Rod McLemore, and he talks dirty! Let’s blame him! Too Hot To Handle is book 10 of the Bad Boys series. Too Hot along with Never Say Never (book 9) start the new subseries: Zero to 60. 


What are you working on now?

 Right now I’m researching. Generally I get a slew of ideas, but only the ones that resonate do I take the time to write about. And insofar as research I’m investigating various outreach programs for drug abuse. I’ve written several books that feature addiction issues in the subplots as well as abuse and dysfunction. Having a background in education, working with students with severe emotional disturbance, it isn’t that I gravitate toward dark subjects, but that is where those who are lost can be found. And reached. And healed.

 Do you get to write full time or do you also have a “day” job? 

I write with my husband and our shtick is environmental engineering. Dealing with nasty things like radon and VOCs, and prescribing systematic controls to exorcise them out of houses and buildings.

 Favorite part of being an author?

Actually, the graphic arts portion.

Scariest part of being an author?

Remembering which one I’m supposed to be during social media events. It’s terribly tricky.

 Who are your favorites to read?

I love a witty romance high on sizzling banter or a roller coast thriller, thank you Dean Koontz. I have a penchant for poetry and techy manuals. Opps, my nerd is showing (Arden = a nerd…hehe).

 If you had $1 million to giveaway, what would you do with the money?

Seed it to start a program that gives veterans a house when they return from war. Every vet deserves to come home to a HOME!

One piece of advice to an aspiring writer?

Study. Read. Build your social media platform before, during and after you write. If you review other authors, learn this lesson: have a bit of class. Aka always prescribe to the Golden Rule.

Where can we find you?

CATCH Me HERE

FB | Blog |Twitter |Amazon |Tumblr
Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ 



 E-Reading After Midnight,  THANKS FOR THE HAVING ME!  Take care. Mwha!

No comments:

Post a Comment