Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wednesday Wrap Up

TBR Reads


Playing by the Greek's Rules (Puffin Island, #0.5)Playing by the Greek's Rules by Sarah Morgan

3.5 stars ⭐️ - Worth a Reader's Time

Paperback received as a free gift

Lily and Nik are the original odd couple in this quick read. Well written and entertaining, there is a lot of emotional (and sexy) ground covered in a fairly short work.
I liked Lily from the beginning, but Nik grew on me. His emotional growth from being around Lily is what made this fun read work for me.

Amazon


Free Reads 


Silent Night, Unexpected NightSilent Night, Unexpected Night by Ella Jade

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay, to call this a book is a giant stretch. It’s not even a novella.
What’s here is decent. We see a enough of Tanner to know he’s a decent guy and it’s believable that an early 40 something divorced man would be attracted to a 21 year old woman who shows up dressed to impress.
As this was a free read, I can’t complain about the length, but I will say that this “bite” leaves the reader with plenty of un answered questions.


Doctor’s Fake FiancéeDoctor’s Fake Fiancée by Charlize Starr

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There are a couple of things going in here.
1) a premise with potential (brother’s friend/reconnection/ needs to keep custody of his daughter) but somewhat poor execution. It was hard to like Max, he came across as cold. I just didn’t buy Lucy. She somehow lived with her abusive boyfriend, but they never shared a bed?
2) Editing issues.... there were inconsistencies in the story that a good editor would have caught.
3) KU click bait - the advertised story is only about 10% of the downloaded content. I typically check page count before clicking, this was listed at 96 pages which is believable for a novella, so imagine my surprise when I opened such a large “book” on my kindle. I picked this up for free, but would have been horribly annoyed had I paid for it.
I went into this expecting their to be certain limitations, given that the “book” was less than 100 pages, but this couldn’t even meet those lowered standards.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment