Saturday, July 20, 2019

Review Round Up - July 20


TBR Reads


Sexy Filthy Boss (White Collar Brothers #1)Sexy Filthy Boss by Piper Rayne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Copy was received as a gift

This was a fun and entertaining read.
We see the male lead reform from a confirmed bachelor to besotted boyfriend (even though he still manages to mess things up). He is paired with a strong and interesting female lead who is easily his equal even if it’s not totally obvious.

I liked Annie and Enzo together - they were interesting and dynamic. I especially enjoyed the fact that once the romantic relationship started, it was Annie setting the rules.
Both characters had decent emotional growth that made this more than just a taboo office romance.

I am looking forward to seeing what’s coming up for Enzo’s brothers!


Amazon

The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)The Scoundrel in Her Bed by Lorraine Heath

3.5 Stars - Worth a reader's Time

I received this book in a Bubbles and Books box and this is my first read by this author.

It took me a little bit to get into the story, mainly because it starts off with some flip flopping from past to present and back again.
The more time I spent with Vivi and Finn the more I liked them and enjoyed seeing them get a second chance at love. I also appreciated that the author took on social issues and problems of the era and gave her characters voices to fight and try to change them.

This is part of a series - it appears to focus on the Trewlove family. I am curious about the previous books in the series and what may be coming next.

Amazon


Falling from His Grace (Gentlemen of Temptation, #1)Falling from His Grace by Kristin Vayden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a friend

This is a historical that I received in a recent Bubbles and Books box and was really a lot of fun to read.

Set in a time when women (and even young men) in high society had limited freedom to make certain decisions, we meet Liliah, Lucas, and friends as they face a unique predicament.

I liked Liliah and the strength she showed in facing adversity as well as the loyalty she displayed towards friends and her sister when it seemed certain events couldn’t be avoided. Luc was a bit of a different character and his emotional evolution was entertaining.

Add in a bit of suspense and this was a fun read. The first of a series, it left me curious for what may be coming next.

Amazon


  Single Dad Next DoorSingle Dad Next Door by Cathryn Fox

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was interesting, but I was left a little flat after reading it.
I struggled to connect with the characters and the story line which was a cute premise underwhelmed me upon execution. Rachel and Jaxson were both likeable, but I wanted to see them and their story more fully developed.
There were also several editing and consistency issues that pulled me from the story.

Amazon



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment