Monday, October 21, 2019

Review Round Up ~ October 21


COMING SOON


Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc #5)Meant to Be Yours by Susan Mallery

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

Meant to be Yours is a fun, light hearted addition to the Happily, Inc series. The focus of the story is two characters we have seen previously in secondary roles, Jasper and Renee.

Both Renee and Jasper believe they aren’t meant for happily ever after/committed relationships so it was entertaining to watch them get to know each other and figure out just where they were meant to go.

There is a lot of emotional growth going on in Meant to be Yours for our characters. I appreciated how Ms Mallery took what could have been very dark and made it much more light hearted with the addition of a quirky parent and a group of good friends (Both of the human and animal varieties).

It was hard to put this book down - thankfully I was able to dive in on a quiet weekend! While it is technically a stand alone book, it is very much part of a series and almost all of the key secondary character had staring roles in previous books. If you are new to Happily, Inc you could easily start here, but the experience would be much more enjoyable if the series is read in order.

Amazon

NEW RELEASES



3.25 stars - Above Average Read

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was a sweet read and pretty much what I would expect from Ms Andre.

As Long as I Have You moves us across the pond to meet more of the extended Sullivan family and focuses on Owen, the oldest of 5 siblings. Owen is easy to like and falls completely into the Sullivan model of being a “fixer” with a slight shadow over him (very slight in this case.)

He is paired with Mari, an equally likeable heroine who is stronger than she appears at first. Add in Owen’s siblings and the tight knit community around them and this is a solid world building romance.

This was an enjoyable read and definitely a feel good book. My complaint- which I’ve raised about the Sullivan series before - is that it’s very formulaic. There were no big surprises and while the book delivered, it’s not a book I would rush out to buy.

Amazon

From the TBR Pile:


A.C.H.E.A.C.H.E. by M. Never

3.25 stars - Better than Average Read

Free at the time of purchasse

A C H E is a book I picked up as a free read, mainly because it sounded different than something I've read in a while and it didn't disappoint. There are elements of suspense, heartbreak, healing, and a potential love triangle as we get to know Everly, Alec, and Tage.

I found all three characters interesting, but would say that Everly is my favorite. I appreciated how she was working too rebuild a life as an adult even though there were plenty of reasons for her to curl up in a ball and hide.

This was more than an average read for me, but there were things style wise that just didn't fit with me. Some of it was language and word choice, some was situations that the characters found themselves in and actions they took. The things that detracted from this read for me are strictly personal preference and should not discourage anyone from grabbing it.

Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment