Friday, February 11, 2022

Just One Favor by Stephanie Rose ~ New Release & Revew


Tyler Bennett and I hate each other.

The annoying jerk my parents forced me to play with as a kid grew up to be a sexy, grumpy baker who still can’t stand me. Sure, maybe I enjoy our bitter banter, his cocky smirk, his chocolate chip cookies. But there’s a reason I can’t play nice.

You’re wondering why—if I hate the guy so much—did I agree to be his fake date to his cousin’s wedding? Look. Just because I love being a pain in the man’s well-formed butt doesn’t mean I want someone else torturing him. Especially not the ex-fiancĂ©e who left him for his best friend.

One night of faking it takes an unexpected turn. Heated glances, lingering touches, that arrogant mouth against mine. One night of getting swept away in an attraction that maybe isn’t so one-sided after all.

Aside from this new, tentative friendship laced with sexual tension, something else has grown out of that night.

And Tyler and I will have to figure it all out…in about nine months.

Author’s note: Just One Favor is an enemies-to-lovers standalone romance with a hot side of longing, sexually-charged banter, a broken hotel bed, and chocolate cream pie.
 

Elizabeth's Review 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend


Review Copy Provided by Author


In Just One Favor, a new standalone, we meet Tyler and Olivia. These two are in their mid 30s and have 30 years of poking at and antagonizing each other.

When we meet them here, there is a small change in the way Olivia approaches Tyler and it sets a series of events in motion that will change both of them forever.

Ms Rose does an excellent job of showing us how Tyler & Olivia have evolved, matured, and start to understand what really might be behind their behavior. I enjoyed seeing their interactions and how they moved from potential antagonist to awkward to friendly and more.

The emotional story line here is strong and I think it’s one that a lot of people can relate too. Both Tyler and Olivia have issues that lie just beneath the surface and influence behavior. I appreciated how Ms Rose handled this aspect to the story with grace.

I don’t want to go into too much detail because there are many aspects of the story that I think everyone should experience for themselves. I will say that I am thrilled to have a new standalone read from Stephanie Rose. Her characters are always “real” and relatable- and that is very true here!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment