Thursday, February 3, 2022

Review Round Up ~ February 3



TBR Reads:   


My rating: 5 of 5 stars - One of the Best

Review Copy Purchased

Favorite authors are just that for a reason and S L Scott gave me my second 5 star read of 2022 with a back list read that is from 2017.

This is a book that has been sitting on my TBR list for a long time - one of my goals this year is to dig into that list a little more and I am so glad I did!

I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say that this is a book with a unique premise that breaks your heart while it puts it back together again. Ben and Grace (our main characters) are easy to like and even easier to root for.
I spent a big chunk of this book with my fingers crossed that Ben would find the love he was missing.

One piece of the puzzle that is Missing Grace that I would have liked to know more about was the reason why the villain (not saying who) did what he did and just how did he get away with it??? Wondering this doesn’t detract from the read at all, it just gives the characters away to live in my imagination a little longer!


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review Copy Purchased

Deceit - 3.5 stars
Read/Reviewed in 2019

Elicit- 3.5 stars
I have mixed feelings about this one. It’s is a definite slow starter and I kept going more out of determination than anything. Grayson and River are an interesting pair that have more than their fair share of baggage. The yo yo effect employed while they decided if they were going to explore their feelings went on a bit too long in my opinion (but that’s me).
The second half of the book worked better for me. I appreciated the emotional growth both characters experienced and how they helped guide each other on those paths.

Conceal - 4 stars
Jax is definitely my favorite of the Price siblings! I enjoyed getting to know him and Willow.
This was a relatively fast paced story with a great friends/lovers story balanced with an element of mystery too.






*Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment