Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Review Round Up ~ February 13




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would recommend to a friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Ms Asher is a new to me author and I picked this book up off of Net Galley as the blurb sounded interesting and I was not disappointed.

Olive and Bax are fun characters on their own and I loved the chemistry between them from the beginning. Add in a great secondary cast of family and friends, plus a natural conflict and meddling trouble makers and this is a winner

My one “complaint” if you can call it that, is that this standalone is very much part of a series. Having not read the first two books, there were issues that I felt like I didn’t know enough about. This book is enjoyable on its own, but I definitely recommend people not repeat my mistake and start at the beginning of the series.

Amazon   


TBR Reads:


My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Purchased for "Free"

This is a free read that has been on my kindle for a long time. I grabbed it for a quick read.
This was a fun book, but it is very surface-level. Harper and Axel have an instant connection and we see a brief exploration of that. We see more of Axel and his brothers.
There is very little character development and the plot is fairly simple. My interest was peaked and I wish there had been more here.

Amazon



My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Purchased for "free"

This was entertaining but skimmed the surface in almost every aspect. The bones of the story are good, but I wanted a little bit more of just about everything.
I liked Meredith and Liam and enjoyed the premise of the story.



My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a free read that I recently picked up. It was solid and entertaining, but at times was a bit confusing.
Primarily told in the present time dual POV, we see Leo and Sky navigate getting to know one another and creating a foundation for friendship.
My issue is that there were a couple of flashbacks and pieces that I think were left on the editing room floor that would have made the story more robust.
It was worth the price but did not whet my appetite for more from this author

  Amazon



My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Worth a Reader's time

Purchased for "free"

I recently read a book by this author that happens further down the timeline from Jaxson and was curious, so when I found this on my Kindle I decided to give it a shot.

This is an entertaining, quick read. I liked Olivia and Jaxson and enjoyed seeing the beginnings of characters I met later. That said- this is a very “surface” read. There is not a lot of character development and the plot is very point a to b.

There are hints of unfinished business and I am curious to see what happens with Jaxson’s brothers. If their stories are hiding in my library, I will gladly read them, but I’m not sure I would seek them out.

Amazon




View all my reviews






 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment