Friday, November 16, 2018

Review Catch Up

I've got a couple of reviews that have been floating around waiting to be published. I wanted to get them out before we go on hiatus for the holiday.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

ARC Review


A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)A True Cowboy Christmas by Caitlin Crews

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This was good, but I had a harder time connecting with the story.
Both Abby and Gray have a truck full of baggage when they come together in one of the more unconventional relationships I have seen.
While I understood Gray’s issues, they made it hard to relate to him. The saving grace, was the grudging emotional growth he experienced
I liked Abby, but struggled a little bit with her sense of self and why she'd put herself in the situation she was in. I also enjoyed the secondary cast and am curious about future books in the series.

Amazon

FREE READ


 Vampire CEOVampire CEO by Erin R. Bedford

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The version of this that I read is a collection of the serial installments.
This was a frustrating read for me because there were so many opportunities to expand in the story, but none were explored. There was minimal character development and I found the lead characters interactions annoying.
Even more frustrating, were the editing issues. As this is a collection of previously published material, there is no excuse for editing issues.
This was a free read and I can honestly say I would not have read it if I had to pay for the serial version.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment