Monday, March 4, 2019

Arrange Me by Katy Regnery ~ New Release and Review



My name is Courtney Jane Salinger... and I'm sick of games.

Sick of the Friday night bar-scene-cum-meat-market. Sick of the boy-girl, man-woman, mars-venus, flirtation-without-expectation, game-playing nonsense.

Sick of awful dates and one-night stands, booty calls and guys who don’t call back, mixed messages or NO messages and—and—and...I'm sick of all of it.

I’m done.
I just can't do it anymore. It's too hard, and worse: little by little, it's making me hard.
It's breaking my heart.

What do I want?
That's easy.

I want a house in suburbia with a white picket fence.
I want babies to buckle into a minivan.
But most of all, I want to be married.
I want a husband.

So I've made an important decision: I'm making my escape from the dating world and the single life. I've filled out my application on ArrangeMe.com and I'm putting my fate into the hands of experts.

Is it a little scary?
Sure.
I mean, I have no idea who I'll end up with. After all, I'm planning to marry a complete stranger.

But between you and me? I can't wait.
Being arranged can't possibly be worse than being single.
Can it?

Goodreads ~ Amazon (Kindle Unlimited)



Elizabeth's Review


My rating: 4 of 5 stars ~ Would Recommend to a Friend


Review Copy Provided by Author


I feel like I need a disclaimer for this review....
Arrange Me is the first book of a duet, so the story is not 100% complete and I feel the need to hold back a little bit until I have a chance to see the whole story.

I enjoyed Arrange Me and found myself identifying with Courtney, our main character, while also wanting to reach into the pages of the book and shake her. Ms Regnery does an excellent job of capturing the feeling of life being successful on one track, but something missing from other pieces and exploring unconventional approaches to fix the perceived wrong.

When I reached the end of Arrange Me, I had mixed feelings. Part of me felt like the book had a natural ending that would have left the door for following up works, but part of me is anxious for the second installment to see what happens with Courtney’s journey and if she can find the happiness she is looking for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment