Friday, June 28, 2019

Review Round Up - June 28


Just Released


Halton: Vested Interest #6Halton: Vested Interest #6 by Melanie Moreland

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

We only thought we were done with the boys of BAM! Ms Moreland brings the boys back with a story for Hal, the lawyer who has been a secondary character in the series previously.

Hal’s story is one that is surprisingly emotional. It was entertaining to watch him with Fiona and see them both flourish as their relationship develops over time.

Well written, I enjoyed getting to know Hal and Fiona better. From the little quirks that they shared to seeing them both grow emotionally, this was a story that pulled me in and wouldn’t let go!


Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)Rogue Most Wanted by Janna MacGregor

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Netgalley

This was a sweet historical with a strong heroine and bit of a twist.
With Rogue Most Wanted, Ms MacGregor brings us back to the Cavensham family, this time with Will as the hero. He is paired with a unique and strong heroine, Thea. While I'm not sure the title fits because Will is anything but a Rogue, this was an entertaining and enjoyable read.

I found myself genuinely liking both Thea and Will. I enjoyed her strength of character and the quirks that came from being isolated from society while she cared for her grandfather. Her willingness to face a challenge was also appealing.

As much as I liked Will, he was also the character that semi held this book back for me. In meeting him in previous books, he was a strong character. I would have expected him to be on the alpha side, but he almost seemed a little too courteous and a little too willing to take a back seat.

Will and Thea's story had several unique twists that played to the social and political climate of the time. There was one particular secondary character that I would have liked to have known more about. His motivations, etc because it would have solidified Thea's back story a little more.
Overall, this was a fun book in an entertaining series.

Amazon

Newer Releases



Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)

Letters to Molly by Devney Perry


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Birthday List was my first Devney Perry book and I was hooked! I fell a little bit in love with Poppy and the loyal group of friends and family that surrounded her as she opened herself up to living again. Two keys players were Molly and Finn.

In this companion to The Birthday List, Ms Perry fast forwards the timeline by 6 years and allows Finn and Molly a vehicle to shine a light on why their marriage failed and truly deal with the residual feelings.

I don't want to talk too much about Letters to Molly because I don't want to give anything away. I will say that this is a well written and emotional book. Some of the issues discussed felt very real and easy to relate to. This is honestly a book any one involved in a long term relationship should read.

Amazon

There Goes My HeartThere Goes My Heart by Bella Andre


3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time


Review Copy Provided by Author

This was a quick, entertaining read. Rory and Zara are fun characters that have been needling each other for the past year before an event pops up that shows her vulnerability and allows him to help.
Well written, this fits the Andre mold of a quickly developing relationship. It’s was interesting to see Rory as the one hoping for more while Zara had the typical male characteristic of trying to avoid commitment.
Given this is part of the Sullivan world, the secondary cast is large, but they do not over power the primary story. I am looking forward to seeing what comes for Rory’s siblings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment