Monday, June 3, 2019

Wine and Dine ~ L B Dunbar ~ New Release and Review






Dolores Chance.
When I was falling apart, I fell in love.
It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.
I ran away from life and ended up running into…his dog.
Actually, his dog ran into me. I don’t care for dogs.
Then I met the owner.

Garrett Fox.
When my neighbor’s sister came to visit,
I promised to show her around town.
I’m an investor in things, not people, not emotions.
I’m not a fan of love. I’ve been burned before.
Then I met Dolores.

When a sexy mature, man-of-means encounters a silver vixen, healing her broken heart might be worth more than gold.

Romance has no age limit.



Elizabeth's Review


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend


Review Copy Provided by Author


Wine & Dine is a solid entry into Ms. Dunbar's series featuring over 40 romantic leads. Dolores' story takes place sequentially after Second Chance (her bother, Denton's book) and as such would be stronger if the two are read in order. The events in Second Chance weigh heavily on Dolores' journey.

When I first met Dolores, I wondered if I would be able to relate to her as a romantic lead. The more I got to know her, the more I discovered I genuinely liked her and wanted to see her find a happy ending. While Wine & Dine has a romantic element, Dolores' rediscovery of herself and who she really wants to be vs the life she's had are what really resonated with me. Garret Fox is a romantic hero that was also easy to like; he has his own baggage when he and Dolores connect and it was interesting to watch them grow together.

Well written with realistic issues and concerns, Wine & Dine is a pleasure to read. Ms Dunbar lets her characters struggle to resolve their issues, but does so in a way that leaves the reader hopeful.










L.B. Dunbar has been accused of having an over-active imagination. To her benefit, this imagination has created over twenty novels, including a small-town world (Sensations Collection), rock star mayhem (Legendary Rock Star series), MMA chaos (Paradise Stories), rom-com for the over forty (The Sex Education of M.E. and After Care), and a suspenseful island for redemption (The Island Duet). Her alter ego, elda lore, creates magical romance through mythological retellings (Modern Descendants). Her life revolves around a deep love of reading about fairy tales, medieval knights, regency debauchery, and strong alpha males. She loves a deep belly laugh, a strong hug, and an occasional margarita. Her other loves include being mother to four grown children and wife to the one and only.

You can find me on Facebook, where I spend too much time.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment