Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan ~ New Release and Review

The boy who always felt like mine is now the man I can't have…

Dig a little and you'll find photos of me in the bathtub with Ezra Stern.
Get your mind out of the gutter. We were six months old.
Pry and one of us might confess we saved our first kiss for each other.
The most clumsy, wet, sloppy . . . spectacular thirty seconds of my adolescence.
Get into our business and you'll see two families, closer than blood, torn apart in an instant.
Twenty years later, my "awkward duckling" best friend from childhood,
the boy no one noticed, is a man no one can ignore.

Finer. Fiercer. Smarter.
Taken.


Tell me it's wrong.
Tell me the boy who always felt like mine is now the man I can’t have.
When we find each other again, everything stands in our way--secrets, lies, promises.
But we didn't come this far to give up now.
And I know just the move to make if I want to make him mine


➜ Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2TGF18d
➜Amazon World: http://mybook.to/queenmove
➜ Apple Books: https://apple.co/2JGiqD7
➜ Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/queenmove
➜ Google Play: https://bit.ly/2yrPZ9E


Elizabeth's Review


Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars - One of the Best 


Whenever I am looking to be challenged by a book, especially when it comes to my view of the world and my place in it, I know which author to turn to. That would be Kennedy Ryan and in Queen Move she (once again) gives us a master piece wrapped up in two human, sometimes less than perfect people.

For loyal Ryan readers, Kimba is not a new character. But, for the sake of Queen Move we meet her and Ezra for the first time as children and follow them through friendship to the beginning of more when circumstances separate them at 13. When we see them reconnect 20+ years later, things are complicated......

And inside the complicated is where Queen Move and Ms Ryan shine. I won’t touch on all the issue addressed because each reader needs to experience the book for themselves and find their takeaways. For me, it was love finds a way and takes many different forms.

The characters in this book are dynamic, interesting, and relatable. That relatable piece made the messages that much more powerful for me. Especially as Ms Ryan challenged the bubble I find myself (often) in when it comes to the situations that real life brings to others who may look different than I do.

My one caution, don’t start Queen Move unless you have time to invest in the book. The well crafted story pulls you in and does not let go until the very end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment