Friday, May 1, 2020

Review Round Up ~ May 1


New Releases:

How to Catch an Errant Earl (The Disreputable Debutantes, #2)How to Catch an Errant Earl by Amy Rose Bennett

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Moment of honesty, when I picked this up from Net Galley I thought it was from a different author that I’d read before. What an excellent mistake to make as I discovered another historical author to read and try.

I enjoyed Arabella, Gabriel, and their unusual situation. The story was semi fast paced for a historical and I appreciated the frankness with which the characters discussed their situation. Arabella was especially interesting. She stayed true to her character, but also grew in confidence. Gabriel’s emotional growth seemed more along the traditional hero path, but was still pleasurable to watch.

This was a solid read that is part of a series. As I moved along, there were moments when I wished I had read the first book, but overall I was able to follow Arabella and Gabriel’s story with little effort. I will be on the look out for sales by this author to read more of her back list.

Amazon




Bring It Home (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #3)Bring It Home by Toni Aleo

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Author

This was a super fun novella in the Assassins Next Generation series - do not try to read it if you have not read Posey’s story.

This is basically a continuation of Posey and Boon’s story - what happens after the HEA and it was perfect. The characters continue to be fun and likeable and we get to see more of the Adler siblings.

I am looking forward to move of this series!

Amazon


View all my reviews

 



No comments:

Post a Comment