Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Review Round Up ~ July 9




New(er) Releases:


My rating: 5 of 5 stars - One of the best

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Ms Roberts is an author I have enjoyed for roughly 20 years and this is one of the few 5-star reads. When I go into a book by Ms Roberts, I expect excellent characters and good storytelling. Mind Games delivered that and more!

Our story here focuses on the Lannigan family, specifically Thea. We see them love, deal with tragedy, grow, and blossom. The town of Redbud Hollow and great friends help them navigate all of these events, including finding love in an unexpected place. If Ms Roberts had stopped here, we would have had a solid, interesting book. Lucky for us, she didn't. Thea has a special skill set that adds an extra layer to the story, a special type of intrigue that pulled me in and didn't let go.

Given that the story of Mind Games covers over a decade, I appreciated Ms Robert's craft of taking us through the important events of Thea's life and letting us see her grow and become the woman capable of solving the problems that lurk around her family. This is an example of why she is the popular author she is today!

Amazon   


TBR Reads


My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Purchased Copy

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an author that I tend to let linger on my TBR. When I finally grab one of her books. I can’t help but wonder what took so long.
Ain’t She Sweet is an older book, but is timeless in the story it tells.

Rich in characters and community, there is a great redemption ARC (on several levels) plus humor. Add in a great dog and you have a winner of a story.

Amazon


View all my reviews


 *Buy links belong to E-Reading After Midnight and we may be compensated if you choose to make a purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment