Saturday, May 11, 2019

Review Round Up ~ May 11, 2019


NEW RELEASES


Then Came You (Laws of Attraction, #3)Then Came You by Kate Meader

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Then Came You is the third in a set of interconnected stand alone books featuring Chicago based divorce lawyers. This installment features Grant and Aubrey, two secondary characters that we have been following - and that were once married to each other.
Ms Meader does an excellent job of setting Grant and Aubrey’s story up so that their book truly is independent in the series (but reading the other books does make this a stronger read.)
This is probably the most emotional book of the series, as would be expected from two divorced people who actually still love each other. I appreciated the care that went into unpacking the issue (s) that caused Grant and Aubrey’s separation and the work they were willing to do once they decided to fix things.
Families played a large part in the secondary cast, as well as Max and Lincoln from the first two books. Not only did I truly enjoy the story encapsulated in Then Came You, it was also an excellent conclusion to the series.

Amazon

No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)No Other Duke But You by Valerie Bowman

3.25 Stars ⭐️ - Slightly Above Average Read

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Ms Bowman and her playful brides are newer to me and I was excited to revisit the series with the latest installment.
I ended up enjoying the book in the end, but I have to confess that I struggled a little bit to get there. I enjoyed the premise of the book and I enjoyed both Delilah and Thomas.
My struggle primarily had to do with the seemingly slow start to the true story. We spent nearly half the book with Delilah, Thomas, and friends circling the issue of matches. The fun for me began once light bulbs went off and I wish more had been with this aspect of the story.
There is also a very large secondary cast- many of whom have had previous books- that I have not read, so it made keeping track of things a bit challenging. I was also very puzzled by the relationship between Delilah and her mother - again, this may have been discussed before, but it seemed unusually harsh to me.
I am still curious to go back and read the Playful Brides books I have missed!

Amazon


TBR REVIEWS


 Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)Wicked Force by Sawyer Bennett

3.5 Stars - Worth a Reader's Time

This novella features Kynan, a character we’ve seen in the Wicked Horse series back when the security firm he works for was just getting started.
If you are expecting a Wicked Horse style book, this is not it.
This is a sweet introduction to a couple that we will see more of in Ms Bennett’s upcoming series. I enjoyed getting to see this little bit of back story, not only for Kynan, but for some of the other characters that we’ve met and will meet in the further.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment