Friday, May 24, 2019

Review Round Up ~ May 24


TBR READS



Marry Me for Money (Forever After, #1)Marry Me for Money by Mia Kayla

3.5 Stars - Worth a Readers's Time

It’s always interesting going back to read a debut novel after finding an author when they are several books down the road.

Marry me for Money has been lingering on my TBR for ages and I enjoyed finally getting to read it.

Bethany was a character that I liked getting to know, but some of the situations she found herself in were a bit far fetched. Her interactions with Brian and Kent were intriguing and I would have appreciated seeing things from their point of view as well.

Overall, this was an entertaining debut novel and I am curious about the books that follow in the series.

Amazon




Checkmate Duet Series, #2: Drew & CourtneyCheckmate Duet Series, #2: Drew & Courtney by Kennedy Fox

My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Okay - this is a perfect example of why I dislike the duet concept. The need to fill two books took an interesting concept and turned it into something over done and frankly a little boring towards the end.

I liked Drew and Courtney and liked the set up for their story. Friends/roommates who gradually realize there is more to to their relationship. Add a crazy ex and a dangerous job for some drama, siblings and friends for a good secondary cast and you have the makings of one good book.
When stretched to two books, we ended up with a lot of filler that just left me flat. The sexy time even got old, especially once it started getting a little too creative.

I also struggled with the fact that several plot points were introduced, but never fully resolved. Combined with the heavy continuation of Travis/Viola’s story and the lead in to the next books and this was just too much.

There is so much potential here, I wish the authors behind the pen name would stop writing duets and focus on telling the story without the extras.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment