Friday, January 17, 2020

Review Round Up ~ January 17

TBR Reads:


Bennett (The Fire Creek Saga, 1)Bennett by Chasity Bowlin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars - Average Read

Copy Purchased for Free

This was a decent read, but the end felt a bit abrupt.
Mia and Bennett are star crossed lovers, brought back together when tragedy almost strikes.

I enjoyed there story, but would have appreciated just a little more character development. It seemed almost as if we were supposed to know some of the secondary characters even though this was the first book in the series.

I am curious about what happens next in the series, but I’m not sure that I will be rushing out to by the books.

Amazon


 Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)Whiskey Chaser by Lucy Score

My rating: 4 of 5 stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Copy Received as a gift

I received Whiskey Chaser as a gift and I am hooked on the series.

The town of Bootleg is as much of a character as the people and the authors did an excellent job of painting small town life in a realistic fashion without going too over the top on the kitch/corny factor.

As for the people in the book, I enjoyed getting to know Scarlett and Dev. They are both entertaining characters that are easy to like and root for. Scarlett’s brothers (the Bodine boys) are a fun secondary cast that I am hoping to get to know more in future books of the series.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment