Friday, January 31, 2020

Review Round Up ~ January 31


New Release:


New Release: The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)The Last Real Cowboy by Caitlin Crews

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by NetGalley

The Last Real Cowboy is the third installment featuring the Everett brothers, this time featuring youngest brother Brady and perineal “little” neighbor Amanda.

This was a solid read and a good conclusion to this part of the series. I found myself liking both Brady and Amanda and appreciating the emotional growth they both went through. Seeing Brady struggle with being attracted to the much younger Amanda added an element of humor that I wouldn’t have expected.

Not only did I enjoy seeing the Brady/Amanda story unfold, but I also liked seeing the story between Brady and his brothers. Their evolving interactions shed even more light into baggage Brady was packing.

Overall, a good cowboy story that brings one part of the Cold River stories to a conclusion. I am hoping there will be stories with Amanda’s brothers soon!

Amazon

TBR READS:


Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)Roped In by L.P. Dover

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

From The TBR List of Free Reads

LP Dover is an author I enjoy, but for some reason never get to read as much as I would like.

Roped In is an interesting twist on a concept seen before (famous person falling for their bodyguard) that was a lot of fun. Hadley and Blake were entertaining characters, but I would have liked to get to know them a little better. This read felt a bit as if character development took a back seat to the action oriented plot.

The plot was the strong suit of the story in Roped In, the suspense elements were strong and kept me guessing until the very end.

Other than one intimate scene in the hospital that seemed a bit out of place, my only “complaint” about Roped In was that I wanted a bit more, especially in terms of character and relationship development.

Amazon


View all my reviews View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment